Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

ARTFUL JOURNEYS: Week #30 - A multi-step challenge

Hey, y'all!!!  It's Melody again this week bringing you a new and interesting multi-step challenge!

This week we're going to start by painting in our 3 favorite colors...then grab a stencil and stamp thru the openings!  The idea initially was to use an "image" stamp of some sort, leaving spaces where you stamp through a stencil. Some of us went with this process, others not so much.

Let's start with our newest team member, SHANA!  Her background just wowed me!  Pop on over to her blog HERE to see her process.




Next up is LYNN'S spread - and here's what she had to say about it:   "The 3 colors I chose for this week's prompt were Apple Barrel Lime Green, Folk Art Light Blue and Americana Razzleberry. Then I grabbed a little face stencil I made using my Cricut machine (this machine can make a BUNCH of different stencils, FYI).  Then I came back with a circle stencil and some Tim Holtz Distress paints and made some circles then stamped my words into the openings of the circle stencil. This prompt was a LOT of fun and so easy, you've gotta give it a try!"



Next up is Miss Betty, and her colorful spread does NOT disappoint!  Betty said she was hurrying to get this prompt done this weekend, after a week of traveling, and her great niece was getting married Saturday evening out of town.   She says:  "Created in my large Dylusions journal using Dylusions and craft acrylic paint in lime green, turquoise and lemon yellow. Some of the paint was applied with a brayer and some with a palette knife. I used the Stampenous "Glance" stamp through a wide feather stencil, revealing only a portion of the image. I added some white slashes with the edge of my palette knife and a few dots around with some TH Distress Ink in Mustard. Assorted ephemera laying on my desk added, and the words hand painted with a #2 round brush and black acrylic paint.  This was an interesting way to use an image stamp, something I only have two of. I think it would be very interesting to use a more detailed stamp, leaving the spaces that happen when stamping through a large stencil. This one I used was not very detailed, but more so than the other one I have.  Thanks for stopping by and having a look. I can't wait to see what you all create."






Miss TAMIE had some fun with hers this week, and as usual, it's so bright and colorful and there's LOTS to look at!  Be sure to stop by her blog, HERE to see what she did!




And finally there's my (MELODY) spread for the week!  Hop over to my blog, HERE,  where I made sure to post plenty of pictures of my process.



Well, there you have it!  I hope you will be sure to visit everyone's blogs and leave us all a little love!  We love having y'all stop by and we'll see you next week!!!!!

Have an artful week!

ARTFUL CHICKS
~~Melody, Betty, Tamie, Lynn & Shana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!