Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Artful Journeys - Week #40 "Put a Hat on It"

We're all about hats this week in our journals.  Ladies or men just don't wear hats anymore, and I find that a shame.  Hats are awesome.  I used to wear hats a lot.  Somehow they make you feel special!


So this week, interpret our prompt "Put a Hat on It" any way you want.  Perhaps you want to concoct something in the Teesha Moore style with a hat.  If you have some nifty image of a man, woman, child or animal wearing a hat, work with that.  Make up a hat.  Go crazy with hats if you want, but you should represent a hat or hats somewhere on your page.



First up this week is SHANAShe says:  "My entry started with a page that I had been using to use excess paint on, cleaning my brush and my pallet. I have been listening to a lot of 80's music on an oldies (how can 80's be oldies!) and the colors struck me as "Like Totally Rad" so I went with it and did a fun bright colored face with a hat like the ads in the 80's so very Valley girl! I used acrylic paints for the background and the texture you see is from cleaning stencils, for the black and white line work I used my trusty Sharpie Paint pens. I had so much fun with this one! big hugs and mushy stuff! Shana "


LYNN fixed up this very pretty spread in her journal, and says: "Supplies used were Dina Wakley magenta paint with Tim Holtz distress stain in broken China.  I cut the hat out with my Cricut machine and flowers by Making Memories.

To begin, I put the broken China color down then got a new stencil from my sister and stenciled the page in the magenta. The blue paint got a little dark and even using a baby wipe it wouldn't wipe off very well but probably because it was stain.

I glued the hat down and added the flowers with some glimmer stones and glimmer washi tape on the bottom of the paper. Thanks for looking and please see what the others came up with this week."


MELODY has made another beautiful spread using her favorite color, and says:  " It's just been one of those weeks where the longer it went the harder it got to get things done. I was ready to just throw in the towel on this week's prompt, when inspiration struck! I started digging thru my digital images to create this prompt using PicMonkey.

I started with the pink background by The CoffeeShop Blog, then laid down a "gel transfer" by Tangie Baxter. Using a freebie from Mischief Circus and my own "words", and some help on sizing from Miss Betty, this was my creation for this week. I absolutely love how it turned out and hope you like it 

BETTY created her page using a Vera Lane Studios Le Petit Artiste doll image, with a background page that was mostly a mop up page of brush cleaning and then some scraping of the paint.  She used a Stampin' Up crackle background stamp, and colored in her Artiste doll with Caran D'Ache Neocolor II's.  The image was printed out on glossy photo paper and the Neocolors blended very well.  She was well pleased with the flesh tones and how they blended.  Hand lettering done with a #6 round brush and Dina Wakely heavy body acrylic in black, then splattered with Bombay White India ink (at Melody's insistence) and a stiff stencil brush.


We hope you all like what we've created this week, and wish you a happy and healthy week ahead. Those of you being impacted by all the rains on the east and southeast coasts, stay safe!

ARTFUL CHICKS
~~Betty, Melody, Lynn and Shana

1 comment:

  1. Cool ladies, yiu al are so good at sharing with us who aren't creating and posting!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!