Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

WEEK #17 - CHANNEL PICASSO

Hi folks!  Betty here again this week to tell you about our fun prompt! We are going to push you to get way out of your own comfort zone with something fun, challenging and different.

We want  you to CHANNEL PICASSO

Yes, you heard right.  PICASSO.  Pablo Picasso.  That zany  Spanish painter, sculptor, printmaker, ceramicist, stage designer, poet and playright.  You know the one.  Google Picasso and really LOOK at his body of work.  He went through so many stages in his art and we are sure you will find something in this work that inspires you.  You don't have to "copy" the work.  Be inspired BY IT.  Make it your own. Do it your way, but channel the crazy guy you must. Cut loose and let Picasso inspire you and get some of that art mojo onto the page.

Here's the fun we all created this week in response to this prompt.  We know we're not making fine art here, but we're pushing our creative limits....trying to think outside the box and try new things...just for fun.



(Betty): I tried to capture the "essence" of Picasso this week, and surely made it my own. Come check it out over on my blog, here



Melody -  What an interesting way that Melody developed her idea into something very Picasso-esque.  Check it out here

                               



Tamie rocked the prompt this week in her own unique style. Check out her full spread here 






Lynn - Well, the first thing I have to say was I really dreading do this week's page as I don't have an ounce of Picasso in me or any other artist for that matter but this is what I came up with. 

I just thought of different colors that would represent him so I whipped out my favorite paints. Dina Wakely. I used Turquoise with magenta and tangerine and one bottle of Apple Barrel purple velvet.

Faber-Castell just came out with cardboard stencils so I pulled two and just starting adding the 4 different colors on the stencils until the page was filled. Added a rub-on and the "Picasso" is letter stickers I had.

I don't know how much of a Picasso this is but I like it anyway and hope next weeks prompt is easier for me. I'm not real good at this but I never give up and you shouldn't either! Thanks for looking.





So there you have it folks!  We know it is a challenging prompt, but it is meant to be.  And if you struggle, blame Melody -- she selected this week's prompt.  And if you have fun with it.... you can thank us later for taking you into another imaginarium!

We're keeping it artful!

ARTFUL CHICKS
Betty, Melody, Tamie & Lynn

1 comment:

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!