Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

POP UP ART CHALLENGE #13 - APRIL CALENDAR





Boom! It's April. Just like that. Where does the time go?  I know, we'll blink and it will be Christmas again, but right now, we are enjoying spring, or for some of you, hoping to see it very soon!









POP UP CHALLENGE:  Create an April Calendar in your journal using lavendar/violet/purple hues or tones.





Here are our calendars for your inspiration!

Betty - I created my calendar using gradient shades of lavender and purples with craft acrylics applied with a cosmetic sponge. The grid was first laid out with pencil, then over-lined with white Signo Uniball  and the April Holidays and a birthday added with a Micron .04 pen.  I added a quick little tree on Arbor Day and a reverse bunny on Easter Sunday.









Then I spent a couple of hours doodling all over the place, inspired of course by the fabulous Dylusions stamp and stencil, which I don't have... so I created my own version with a bold, black Signo Uniball.




I did all these doodles while having that special "quality time" with the hubs in front of the television.  He was actually watching the TV. I was focusing on getting this finished so I could move on to some other obligations!





MELODY -  Melody made a really beautiful calendar for this pop up, using her ever-vibrant color choices of Dina Wakely's Blackberry Violet and Titanian White, offset beautifully with some stamps, hand lettering and stickers.  The days of the month were cut from scrapbooking paper, hand dated and outlined with a black china marker.  Who doesn't love Paris in the springtime?



Tamie and Lynn were not available for this pop up this week due to other family commitments.  We hope that these two calendars will inspire you to make your own beautiful version to start the month out.  Remember to share your creations with us over at Artful Journeys!

We're keeping it artful!

ARTFUL CHICKS
~~Betty, Melody, Tamie & Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!