Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

ARTFUL JOURNEYS - POP UP ART CHALLENGE #17

Hi everyone!  Betty here for your pop-up art challenge!
July is almost upon us, summer seems to be in full swing all across the country and the heat has set in for most of us.

POP UP CHALLENGE:  Create a July calendar in your journal using a patriotic theme.

I figured you expected this was coming. I love calendars in my journal. Helps me keep track of what I have created there, and when -- especially since I don't usually date work in my journals.


TAMIE created this fun calendar for her journal, even though she hates calendars as she has told us many times.  She used watercolor, a black Bic pen, a pre-printed calendar page and stamping.





BETTY - My calendar page was created independently on watercolor paper and then tipped into my 9x12 Canson wirebound mixed media journal.  Shaving foam background using craft acrylic paints. I had some really cool red & white music printed scrapbooking paper that I used to cut out some hand drawn letters for the "July" part, and punched out some flowers that I thought looked sort of like a fireworks burst.  I used a red Sharpie marker to add the dates and applied a couple of patriotic stickers and called it good.  I actually glued this in on top of a page I made a few nights ago that I hated so now I don't have to look at that horrible fail.  In hindsight, I should have masked off the two color sections  for this piece, but as usual, I was in a hurry.  Maybe next time I will plug my brain in before I haul off and mix two dark colors together all at one time!  LOL.





LYNN made this super awesome calendar for your viewing pleasure!  Great job Lynny!




MELODY says that her Muse has taken a hike, but she did manage to get this beauty together. Look at that interesting background!  




SHANA has been preparing for a long trip back to the land of cheese heads to spend some time with her family, but she will be back soon!

So there you have it.  Hopefully you can draw some inspiration from something we created.  Be sure and show us your July calendar at Artful Journeys when you finish!  We want to see!!

Have a safe and happy weekend!

ARTFUL CHICKS
~~Betty, Melody, Tamie, Lynn & Shana











No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!