Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

ARTFUL JOURNEYS - Week #24

Hey, y'all!  Melody here again this week and let me tell you what, it's gotten hot down here in the Lone Star State, and with lakes, creeks and rivers still flooded, it feels even hotter...so this week's prompt is one that makes a perfect play into the start of summer!  Let's get to it, shall we?

First off, this week I had a really tough time with this one, as I just could NOT figure out what I was going to do, even contemplating just painting the page and writing down the lyrics to a song, lol.  But my muse stepped in at the last minute and saved me from embarrassing myself.  You can find my spread and read all about my process, HERE.






Next, we have Shana's take on this week's prompt, HERE, and it's pretty darn cool, let me tell you!  Hop on over a take a look!




Next up is Lynn's page for this week, and she didn't disappoint!  Here page makes me wish I had a sailboat!  Here's her page, and what she had to say about her take on our prompt!

"Sail away with me"
This week I had no clue what to do for this prompt and it took until the deadline to come up with something but in the end I came to really like it.

Painted the bottom with my new inks Niji splash ink in blue and the top I did the same ink in yellow. A little bit of this ink goes a long way. For the letters I used stickers and had a sailboat stencil lucky for me because there was no way I was drawing them. Can't hardly do stick people. Lol
So stenciled the boats in boat and white but now wish I had done 3 different colors but this will work good too. Added glimmer washi tape to kinda make it look like glimmering water and that is pretty much it.

Much easier then I thought it would be and happy with the end product. Thanks for going to the blogs and please leave some love for the girls they do a great job. Lynn ☺




BETTY  has made a fun and whimsical page.  So hop on over to her blog and check it out HERE 




We hope you all have a fantastic week and are starting to enjoy your summer.  We will look forward to seeing your creations at ARTFUL JOURNEYS.  Go out and make it an artful week!

ARTFUL CHICKS
~~Betty, Melody, Tamie, Lynn & Shana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!