Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

ARTFUL JOURNEYS - WEEK #25 Fun with Beauty Aids!

Howdy, y'all!  Betty here this week!  Did we get your attention with that catchy title?

This week we have a fun adventure for you to help bring out your sense of fun and adventure!  Our prompt for you is to use shaving foam and any coloring agent to create at least one background for your art journal or other art projects you might have planned.  Of course you can go wild with this prompt if you like.  You aren't just limited to the "backgrounds" and if you want to paint with the shaving foam, go for it!  We're all about creating, experimenting and having F.U.N.!!

WARNING!!!  This activity is highly addictive and may cause total and complete excitement, amazement, joy and creativity!!  You have been warned!

I fretted all week about this prompt.  First, the hubs does not shave with shaving foam, so this is not anything I had at home.  I have never ever used this technique so I called upon our creative friend, Mr. Pinterest, and watched a bunch of videos, looked at several photo tutorials and knew this was going to be a blast.  Who doesn't like playing with gooey, messy stuff??


Please come have a look at all the great fun I had.  I had to stop after 10 pieces.  I could have kept on and on and on.  It was a blast!  You will definitely be seeing my efforts on future journal pages, even perhaps in a swap or two.  Come visit me here





MELODY couldn't stop either and made some outstanding backgrounds that you are just going to LOVE! Check it out here


SHANA has blown the doors off this prompt and will wow! you with her spectacular creation!  Check it out here

 


LYNN created these awesome pages, and here's what she had to say:

Ok girls--this was so much fun to do with the inks and the shaving cream. The two top ones I just used one color of the Niji Splash Ink in Magenta.

The bottom picture I use Dylusions ink spray on top of the splash ink in crushed grape. I only had a little bit of the shaving cream but a little seem to go a long way.

I put the cream in a pan and added the inks and cut my paper down to 4x4 and just put it on top and pressed down and then picked it up and took a credit card and scrap away the excess until it was smooth. I plan on doing more of this prompt and making backgrounds and tags with it.

Give it a try. This was the most fun I have had with a prompt since we started. P.S. It is a little messy but well worth the end results. Thanks for looking.





We hope that you get inspired and have as much fun and all of us did creating something for you this week.

Artfully yours,
ARTFUL CHICKS

~~Betty, Melody, Tamie, Lynn & Shana

























3 comments:

  1. This was such fun to do! Will be doing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous! I love all the smooshy colours! Adding shaving cream to my art supply list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This medium is such fun to work with and is highly addictive. You can use so many different types of coloring agents. Play and experiment. It will be like Christmas with each lift!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!