Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

ARTFUL JOURNEYS - Week 31 - Go Organic

Hey, y'all, Melody here again with another prompt for you!

This week we're going "organic".  So stuff your feet in your shoes, put on your sunblock (or your scarf, if it's cold where you live) and take a walk!  Find elements for your spread outside, and see where it takes you.  Everything is inspiration and it's all fair game in your journal this week.  Let's see what the girls pulled off this week.

First up is Miss Betty, who took to her yard and grabbed some pretty awesome inspiration for her spread...combined with uber bright colors, she took it out of the park!  See her process here!





Next up is Shana, who found her inspiration while visiting family out of state...read all about it here!!!




Then we have my (Melody) take on this week's prompt.  Read all about it here!





And, finally, we have Lynn's awesome spread!  Here's what she had to say about this week's prompt and her take on it!

"Summertime and the living is easy!  It's all about going outdoors and grabbing something from nature to put on your page.  For my spread I chose ivy.

"I started by painting the page with Folk Art's Lime Green, because I wanted to be sure that my leaves would show up, so I didn't want a green that was too dark.  The "summertime" sign is just a piece of scrap paper I cut out for the title of the prompt.  I had an ivy rub on that I added to the page after the title, and made it work it's way across the page.  It really does look kinda like real ivy.  On the actual ivy, I simply added it with a stapler because I didn't think it would hold well with glue.  I really love how it stands up, giving the page a 3-D effect, but will lie flat when my journal is closed.

"I purposely kept this spread simple because it's just how I like my pages - simple but nice.  I hope you enjoy what all the other girls have to offer this week and you give it a try!!!  Thanks for looking!!!!"



And there you have it, folks!  Different ideas and thoughts on this week's prompt.  Be sure to visit everyone's blog and leave some love, and share what YOU create this week over at ARTFUL JOURNEYS.

Make it a great week, and as always -- keep it artful!

ARTFUL CHICKS
~~Betty, Melody, Lynn & Shana

3 comments:

  1. Everyone did a fantastic job! I would have left Shana some love if I could have (nowhere to comment on her blog). You know, difficult prompts force us to push the creative envelope and put our thinking caps on.......and this is why we always have to at least TRY! Well done everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all! even the ones the creators dont like, I wonder who that is? Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!