Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Week 51 - Oh Christmas Tree (or YOUR symbol for your holiday season)

Hey y'all...Melody here this week to bring you our prompt and the girls' interpretations on it!

We all have a certain something that symbolizes our holidays...Christmas trees, menorahs, stars, whatever...and they all mean something different to all of us.  This week's prompt is about that symbol for YOU.  So let's get started, shall we?

 First up this week we have Lynn's beautiful page!  I absolutely love love love it!  Here's what she said about her page:  Painted the page medium pink with a sponge then went over it with a paper towel. It dries faster when I do that. Cut out a tree from a piece of scrapbook paper I had and added stars and a few stickers to it.
Finally I used a snowflake stencil and used Snow White Apple barrel paint and stenciled them on the tree and the page.
I really enjoyed this prompt. Thanks for checking it out girls. Make sure you see what the others came up with.


Next up is my prompt...I have to tell you, I got this idea from another group somewhere and just fell in love with it, and since I'd never done it like this before decided it would be for me!  I used quite a few different colors of washi, and went to town in my journal, leaving a little space between each of the strips, then came back over the strips with some thinner gold foil washi in different patterns for my "tinsel".  I couldn't get a pic that really showed off the shimmer of the gold foil, but it's there.



Next up is Shana, who stepped away from the Christmas tree to do something a little different....and like I said earlier, it's all about what it means to YOU.  Shana's take just blew me away, and I am sure y'all will like it too!

She said:   "I know this isn't a tree, but to me a symbol of Christmas was watching "Its a wonderful life" growing up we didn't always get a tree but we always watched its a wonderful life as a family, and family is to me what the holidays are all about, cherishing simple traditions and time and cherishing them.
I used Derwent light wash pencil, water color paints, prismacolor pencils, acrylic paint, milotow and sharpie paint pens and liquitex gesso in my dylusions journal"






And there you have it!  Miss Betty couldn't play this week due to prior holiday plans, but she'll be back soon!

Thanks for joining us for this week's prompt, and I hope you have/had a wonderful holiday so far!

Betty, Melody, Lynn and Shana

2 comments:

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!