Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

FEBRUARY IS HERE!

The month of love. The wearing of the Red to honor the American Heart Association.  Hearts and flowers.  The first signs of spring approaching in many areas of the United States.  February brings forth many emotions, hopes and dreams.  We have closed the chapter on the previous year, cleaned up all the holiday messes and are getting our lives "back on track" for the months ahead.  What better way to stay on track than with a calendar?

This week's art journal prompt is to create a monthly calendar for February, using red, pink and white (and any other colors you might choose).

The team had fun with this prompt.  Some of us love calendars, others do not.  Can you tell who doesn't like calendars?  Check out all our responses to this prompt, then get busy and create something fun in your journal.  Then show us on the group feed over at Artful Journeys.  We love seeing all of your ideas and creativity!



LYNN JACKSON - 

Supplies used are:  Cricut machine, Me and My Big Ideas stickers; flower punch; Glimmer heart sticker and glue Glue stick.

I usually paint my pages but our colors this week were red/pinks and white so I was able to leave the background unpainted.  (ed note:  why did you do this we wonder???  hehe)

I cut the February and the 2015 with my Cricut machine and then punched out pink flowers and put Tim Holtz number stickers on. Had a few stickers from Me and My Big Ideas and I thought they went well with the page. This is the first time I did a 2 page spread..usually I just do just one or a half page, but I must say this was a lot of fun to complete. I hope you girls join us in this week's prompt.







MELODY ELZY -   Melody loves pink--- don'tcha know it is her signature color? But she definitely does not like red. She says it makes her gripey (not exactly the word she used, but close enough).  Is she seeing "red" after completing this prompt?  See her finished spread and how she did it here on her blog.







TAMIE WILSON- I used gesso, acrylics, stickers, buttons , beads, black pen, foil hearts, tissue paper hearts, washi-tape, homemade heart stamps, tattered angel ink spray, feathers, and alpha stickers.  I told the other ladies on the team when we decided to use monthly prompts for calendars that I hate them.  But I can go with the flow on just about anything.  I "hid" the calendar from immediate view, at least making it a little more palatable for me behind that cute piggy card I received from Lynn Jackson!


My internet is still down, so no blog this week! Sorry guys!







BETTY RICHARDSON - I had a lot of fun this week with this prompt. Love me some February.  I used red, lots of pink shades and white, along with many other art supplies and techniques to create this fun calendar page on an upcycled frozen pizza box.  Check out my blog here for full details and to see the finished page!

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!