Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

14 DAYS OF LOVE - DAY #10

Can you feel it?  All that LOVE in the air?  The television airwaves are filled with candy, flowers, giant teddy bears.  The radios are all playing all our favorite love songs.  The men are starting to panic.  But not us, we are sharing and showing love with great gusto at Artful Journeys!  If you haven't joined in the fun, please do!  We love to encourage you, cheer you on and help support your creative endeavors.


Today's Prompt:  Use a Vintage Valentine or create one!

If you don't have any REAL vintage valentines laying around in your stash, you can find 100's on Pinterest, at the Graphics Fairy and other sites. Try googling "Vintage Valentine Images" and you will get so many to choose from it will boggle your mind.  Find one you like, print it out in color, or print out a vintage valentine illustration and color it your way.  Create something fun, re-create a special memory from childhood, or go a whole new direction!

Here's what we did in response to this prompt:

* * * * * * * * * * * *

TAMIE RODRIGUEZ WILSON - I used a couple pinks, reds and brown acrylics for base background and stamped hearts with pink ink. I added two foil red hearts and rubbed a black wax pencil around them. Then I printed out a vintage Valentine on photo paper and fussy cut it out. I stamped the sugar skull on old book paper, colored in with gelli pens, Wrote on hearts with a white pen. Added ribbon and fiber and voila!  A vintage Valentine--my way!  Thanks for looking!



* * * * * * * * * * * * 

BETTY RICHARDSON - Today I used a red Staedtler Aquarelle crayon to add some color to the background page in my Graphique pocket journal.  Using a couple of paper doilies, I glued them to the page, then added an Inkadinkadoo rubber stamp (just because I liked the swirly nature of it).  The vintage Valentine that I added I found in my favorite junque shop over in Point, Texas tucked inside a letter written and postmarked on February 10, 1939.  On the back it said "To Momma from Joann."  Isn't she adorable?  I so wish we could find Valentines like this today for sale.  The ones I see in the store, are... well, boring and pretty much ugly in my estimation. Not like "the good ole days" when I was a child.  Anyway, I adhered her to the page, outlined with black china marker and smudged that with a pencil eraser dedicated solely for this purpose. On the left I journaled a few snippets of Valentine Memories from my childhood and edged the page with a black Signo Uniball pen.  Not the best page I ever made, but I kind of like the crude and childlike methods and overall appearance.  Those doilies and that Valentine remind me of fun times as a child getting and sending Valentines, making Valentine Boxes and bags and all the fun it really was.




* * * * * * * * * * * * 

We hope you enjoyed looking at these interpretations. Let's see what you do!  Be sure and share them with us over at ARTFUL JOURNEYS!



We're keeping it artful!
ARTFUL CHICKS
Betty, Melody, Tamie & Lynn


1 comment:

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!