Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

14 DAYS OF LOVE - DAY #11 PROMPT

Time is really going along fast these days, isn't it?  3 more days until Valentine's Day.  Love is in the air, spring is just around the corner and today we have something fun swirling around in our heads.


TODAY'S PROMPT: 

Favorite Love Song/Lyrics


Nothing says Valentine's Day and expresses love better than a great love song. Hearing a particular song can evoke wonderful memories.  We want you to express that song in your journal today, whether you recount the lyrics in full, express the title, or the meaning behind the song that is important to you.  However you say it, sing it or express it, we know it will be wonderful.

Here are our interpretations of today's prompt.  Be sure and share your journal pages created in response to this and our other 14 Days of Love prompts in the February photo album on the group feed at Artful Journeys!

* * * * * * * * * * * * 

BETTY RICHARDSON - I knew weeks ago what song I wanted to depict, and I knew something vintage or ethereal would do it.  My song selection for today's prompt is "Remember When" by Alan Jackson.  I love that song, and I love, love, love me some Alan Jackson. <swoon>.

This page is in my Canson Mixed Media journal. I started by finding a saved image from the front of a Victorian Trading Company catalog.  Isn't she lovely?  She was applied to the page with fluid Gel Matte Medium.  I tore up some Bach sheet music that was sent to me by Lynn Jackson and applied all around the edges of the page with matte medium, smoothing with a plastic card to prevent bubbles or warping. 


Next, I applied a thin coat of white gesso over all the music and partially into the image. Blast with heat gun.  Then, using acrylic craft paints in Taupe, Khaki and Burnt Umber I applied each individually all over the page and around the central image with a cosmetic sponge to create a softer "framing".  Lastly, a little more white gesso to further soften the edges and the image.  I applied some fancy lace decorative tape around the edges, and lettered the song title and artist with a black Signo Uniball pen and highlighted with a white Signo Uniball.   Start to finish: 1 hour.   I hope you get this song stuck in your head.  It's a great one.



* * * * * * * * * * * * 

MELODY ELZY - As you can see I couldn't decide. And yes, they ARE all 80s songs. Background was made for day 1 of the 14 days. Lyrics were were written in bits and pieces on good old fashioned notebook paper just like when I was in school. This prompt was soooo much fun!!!!!!



* * * * * * * * * * * * 

TAMIE RODRIGUEZ WILSON - Today's song was easy for me.  "Faithfully" by Journey.  "Our" song.  An easy choice for me as it means something special to me and the hubs.  Created on a lined 4x6 index card with red and black pens.  I can add it into my journal easily and will be a constant reminder to me of how much my man means to me.




* * * * * * * * * * * *

We hope you enjoyed our impressions and interpretations of today's prompt.  We can't wait to see the genius that you create!  Don't forget to share your pictures on the Artful Journeys group feed!


We are keeping it artful!

"Your" ARTFUL CHICKS
~~Betty, Melody, Tamie & Lynn










No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!