Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

14 DAYS OF LOVE - DAY #12

I can't believe we're on Day 12 already.  2 days to go.  I hope you aren't getting "loved" out, but rejoice in the knowledge that there are only 2 more prompts after today! <<hehehe>>.  Your journals should be overflowing by now with all kinds of lovely expressions of the heart.  We've been so thrilled with all you've shown us so far, so hang in there!

TODAY'S PROMPT: HEARTS IN A GRID

I love hearts. Doodly hearts. Big hearts, Cut out hearts. Any kind of hearts make me smile.

Perhaps today you interpret this prompt literally.  Perhaps you "hide" a heart grid behind some fantastic images and words and let them peep through.  Draw a grid and doodle up hearts every which way imaginable. However you interpret today's theme, we know it is going to be creative, just like you!

Here's a look at our interpretations.  We hope you find something in our work that inspires you for your own creation.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

MELODY ELZY -  For this prompt, I pulled out my small dylusions journal and decided to use this spread I had started a few weeks ago....The background was done with my gelli plate....I honestly don't remember what colors or stencils I used, but for the tic tac "heart" I used Liquitex Basics in Mars Black and Quin magenta....This was pretty much the only way I could figure to do the hearts in a grid....plus I think it's kinda cute in a cheesy sort of way...lol



* * * * * * * * * * * * 


TAMIE RODRIGUEZ WILSON -  I found this cool graphic in an old calender. Painted my index card black. Wrote in white a quote that was in calendar. and added stamped hearts.  Voila! The perfect grid!





* * * * * * * * * * * *

BETTY RICHARDSON - I was running a little short on time and did a literal translation of today's prompt by creating a grid and doodling all sorts of hearts in my Canson mixed media journal.  Watercolor, gouache, Sakura Gelly pen and Signo Uniball pen.  Did I mention I like to doodle?





* * * * * * * * * * * *

LYNN JACKSON - Just a piece of cardstock that I painted with satin blue bird and for the grid I used a China marker. My first time using it and I liked it. Stenciled some fuchsia color hearts and then stamped little hearts over the bigger ones. Added some heart Washi tape for the border and a little heart stencil and I'm calling it good! Thanks for looking.




* * * * * * * * * * * *

Thanks for stopping by the blog to look at how we interpreted the prompt this week.  Can't wait to see your take on it!  Remember to show us your images over at Artful Journeys!

We're keeping it artful!

~~Betty, Melody, Tamie & Lynn
ARTFUL CHICKS


















































1 comment:

  1. I really like what we did this time with all the hearts. How fun! Good job girls.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!