Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

MARCH IS LOOMING OH SO CLOSE!

It's that time of the month, folks, that we need to be looking forward to a new month, new opportunities for creativity, new things to try and more fun to be had.

Before we post our weekly prompt for this coming Sunday, we wanted to remind you to get your MARCH CALENDARS made and into your journals!

If you are arting like crazy, you might want to skip a couple pages in your journal (if you like things in order) or create as a stand-alone and tip it in when you get to March!

Anway, here's what we did for our March calendars!

* * * * * * * * * * * *
MELODY ELZY - Here is my calendar for March. I love how this turned out. The tag, papers and sticker came to me in a private swap, the paints are the new Dylusions Blendable Acrylics by Dyan Reaveley and the stamps are a set by Graphic 45. Colors used in the background are Fresh Lime and Cut Grass. I TOTALLY misjudged the size of my circles in proportion to how much space I had after I laid down the tag, but I still like how it came out. It's just a little off. Just like me!









                                            


* * * * * * * * * * * 

TAMIE RODRIGUEZ WILSON - Tamie is celebrating her birthday this month -- can you tell?  More lovely madness from the creative mind of Ms. Wilson. Tamie doesn't like calendars, and doesn't particularly "like" to make them, but she is humoring us. LOL  A great page using acrylics, stencils, mono-printing, stamps, collage elements & washi tape.







* * * * * * * * * * * *

BETTY RICHARDSON - Created in my large Dylusions journal this month, with my fantastic new Dylusions Blendable Acrylics that I purchased at Scrapbook Expo in Grapevine. These paints are fantastic -- soft, buttery, & a super smooth finish. They dry quickly, and have a transparent quality to them, unlike other acrylic paints.  I first stamped a script background stamp on the page and I too used Fresh Lime and Cut Grass applied with a paper towel.   I also used some Dylusions spray ink in Cut Grass as well. See that stamp peeking through??  That is UNDER the paint.  Yee haw!  And, just a little bit really goes a long way!  I cut up some "inchies" out of a fabric catalog using all shades of green and all different textures, then added the dates with a white Signo Uniball, then outlined each square with a gold Signo Uniball.  On the sides, I added a place for notes, and made a little flap out of a card I got with an Artsyville order, hiding the journaling lines on the right side.  Some washi tape was added for interest and a little embellishing, and I called it finished.





* * * * * * * * * * * *

LYNN JACKSON -  March is a month where winter is almost over... maybe.. and daylight savings time begins which I love and my husband’s birthday! I painted the background neon green with some grass green and added the month of March out of a pocket calendar with some punch out flowers and a heart doily that I put a stencil on. Bring on the new month! I'm ready.




* * * * * * * * * * * *

So get busy, make up your March calendars and show us your creations at Artful Journeys.  We are always interested in your art, and love for you to share with us.

Keep it artful!

ARTFUL CHICKS
~Betty, Melody, Tamie & Lynn

















2 comments:

  1. Great work ladies! Inspiring to work with green and tempt spring to arrive!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!