Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

14 DAYS OF LOVE - Day #3




Zipping right along, today we present you with the challenge to incorporate your favorite "love quote" into a journal page.

Quotes are wonderful to work with in your journals.  They can help express your mood, your emotions, evoke memories.  You can create your journal page around the thought expressed in the quote, and often-times a specific quote will lead us in a specific artistic direction.  Let your heart help you create this page of love then show us your creations over on the group feed at Artful Journeys.  And don't be shy about showing us your work.  We are not here to judge you.  We want to always encourage you and cheer you on, no matter your skill level.  We're all about showing you some love.


* * * * * * * * * * * * 


LYNN JACKSON  For today's prompt, Lynn is having some fun with her quote!




Materials used are yellow card stock, Washi tape, and cut out hearts and letters and a stencil.
I just took a piece of card stock and cut letters to make my quote and added washi on the top and bottom of page. Stenciled some hearts and it was pretty easy peasy! Hope you like.

* * * * * * * * * * * * 


TAMIE WILSON -- Tamie has been in a doodling mode this week.  She used Gel pens and Joy Ink pens on a lined 4x6" index card. Quick and easy, fun and please-y.






* * * * * * * * * * * * 


BETTY RICHARDSON -- I took a different route this week to express one of my favorite "love" quotes from Voltaire...... done in scrapbooking style in my 9x12 Canson Mixed Media journal.  I used assorted scrapbooking papers, a die cut scroll plate for the quote, a Martha Stewart die cut edger for the tulip punch out, ribbon, yarn, flat-backed jewels,  black Micron and white Signo Uniball pen.  "LOVE IS A CANVAS FORMED BY NATURE AND EMBROIDERED BY IMAGINATION" ~~ Voltaire







* * * * * * * * * * * * 


MELODY ELZY
Incorporate your favorite "love" quote: So I took my index card from yesterday and used it to lay out my quote...."The sun loved the moon so much he died every night to let her breathe."

The first time I read this quote, my heart clenched a little, and so I knew, when I saw today's prompt, THIS was the quote I was going to use. This is what Valentine's day is all about...a love that transcends all logic, and makes us dream of that kind of love for ourselves...






Be sure and post your images to the February Photo Album on Artful Journeys along with a brief description and they will show up on the group feed.  We can't wait to see what you create!

We're keeping it artful!

ARTFUL CHICKS
~~Betty, Melody, Tamie & Lynn


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!