Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

14 DAYS OF LOVE - DAY #9

Day 9.  Only 5 more to go on the countdown.  Are you keeping up?  If not, no worries.  Everything we do art Artful Journeys is at your own pace. No pressure, no deadlines.  This is supposed to be fun, so relax and go with flow.

Today we have a prompt, and an alternate for you.

PROMPT #9 - Journal in a negative heart space.

ALTERNATE:  Depict your "best" or "favorite" Valentine's Day Memory

* * * * * * * * * * * * 

MELODY ELZY - I did this prompt in my small Dylusions journal. I started with a base coat of gesso scraped on with an old gift card, then penciled in my heart. Using a round brush and black gesso, I outlined the heart. Then I grabbed my small Dina Wakley brush, and my Liquitex Basics acrylics in Titanium White and Alzarian Crimson, and began applying the two in horizontal and vertical strokes all around the heart. My quote is, "Your weirdness will make you stronger. Your dark side will keep you whole. Your vulnerability will connect you to the rest of our suffering world. Your creativity will set you free. There is NOTHING wrong with you. -AndrĂ©a Balt




* * * * * * * * * * * *

TAMIE RODRIGUEZ WILSON - I glued some tissue paper hearts onto my index card. Used a micron black pen to write "You Are My Sunsine" in the hearts.


* * * * * * * * * * * *

LYNN JACKSON - it says..  Roses are red. It's simple, never lie to someone who trust you, and never trust someone who lies to you. 

This is just on a piece of Canson mixed media paper with a little lime green in the background and pink painted hearts on the bottom. Thanks for looking.



* * * * * * * * * * * *

BETTY RICHARDSON - Recall that I did a bunch of journaling in a negative heart space already for Day #4, that I covered with a large heart and brad making a "cover" over my journaling.  ------------------>>

So for today's prompt, I tried to incorporate solid and negative space hearts, and remember a very special Valentine's Day.


Working in my Graphique pocket journal, I scraped on a very thin coat of white gesso, followed by 2-3 coats of Bright Magenta craft acrylic. While wet, I used the edge of the plastic card to score some lines in the paint revealing the white gesso underneath. Lettering with bold, black Signo Uniball pen. Acrylic stamps by Inkadinkadoo.  The date inscribed in the negative space hearts was indeed a very special Valentine's Day for me. My husband actually thought outside the box and made it a really special day. Some personal journaling will follow.




* * * * * * * * * * * * *

We hope that you enjoyed viewing our responses to today's prompts.  Be sure and show us your creations over at Artful Journeys by adding them to the February Photo Album.

We're keeping it artful and loving!

ARTFUL CHICKS
Betty, Melody, Tamie & Lynn


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear shortly. Thank you!